Saturday 31 March 2007

Does my "boites aux lettres" measure up?

As mentioned in a previous blog entry of mine, I am always occupied with some type of paperwork for a dossier. If you move here, be warned, dossiers are part and parcel of everyday life. Paperwork can be required for the most suprising items.

This week a visit from my Postman left me speechless. He arrived with a 2 page form, drawings included! to check if my “boite aux lettres” was “regulariser”. Well was it, apparently the answer was yes by a centimetre.

As the measuring of the box, two page form and the cup of coffee had already taken up the best part of the morning, I did not dare to enquire what would have happened if my post box had not measured up to standards! Any idea anyone and why is it important?

1 comment:

Frenchman said...

We have an endless battle with our postlady, who tells us our box is too small, and we tell her she can keep all the publicity, and our 'real' letters will fit perfectly well. Never seen her measure it though...