Wednesday 14 March 2007

Au Revoir Old Blighty. (my Blog is born)

First Blog entry, so with glass of vin rouge in hand to fortify me I will let you know how it all started .........!

But you are pregnant! This seemed to make my friends and family even more surprised at our latest news.

It made perfect sense to me to make all the major life changes in one go. So at 7 months pregnant I packed our jeep with provisions, chinchilla, dog and hubby and set off for our new life in France.

Many friends seemed to think that we should have a Channel 4 camera crew following us. With all the ‘Place in the Sun programmes’ proving so popular why not start that baby fund at the earliest possible opportunity?

Our journey was, to say the least, interesting and although the Pet Passport papers were all in order for our loopy weimarener Oliver, the papers for our chinchilla Rafiki were apparently not. I did what any pregnant woman would do in the situation – cry – oh and ask for the nearest loo. Finally, after solomnely promising that upon arrival in France Rafiki would never set paws on British soil again we were allowed to drive onto the ferry.

Two exhausting days later after leaving our North London home we finally turned off the autoroute and headed towards our new home in a small village in the picturesque Cevennes.

Now all I had to do was clean and paint the whole house from top to bottom, buy a bed to sleep in, move everything in oh and I suppose register with a midwife and Doctor.

But first, as recommended by every Living In France book I had ever read, I had to introduce my famille to the Mairie and let them know their voisins anglais had arrived!

Our Cevenol adventure had just begun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel