Monday 14 January 2008

A p.s to my post (Homework - Cahia de Vie)

I came across an interesting website called http://www.frenchentree.com/
which has a section called Your Guide to the French Education System. Full of interesting facts.

Now for interesting true stories I suggest you check out this: http://boards.babycentre.co.uk.
It has a section called: Parents in France/French parents

Could hardly believe what I was reading concerning the maitresse in the maternelle section of this school:

There are also many things said about his teacher, not just from English people, one of which was that something was stolen from class (by 3 year old) and she sat them all down and told them she was going to the police and they were thieves, she had most of them in tears even when their parents came to collect them, and many didn't want to go back!

So far we have had a positive experience with our local Maternelle but I would really be interested to read yours. Please leave a comment and let me know.

2 comments:

MrsJ said...

Absolutely wonderful! Our daughter loved it at our local Maternelle - even when she could not speak a word of French.

The week my husband moved to France with our two daughters (I was still working in the UK) he went in the front door of the local school and knocked on the first classroom door he came to. It was the headmaster's class.

When my husband explained that we had just moved in from the UK and had a young daughter who needed to start school, the headmaster took our youngest daughter's hand and walked with my husband round to the Maternelle. It was the other side of the playground.

On walking in he introduced the senior teacher who welcomed our daughter and told my husband to come back at the end of the day.

Our daughter had a wonderful time -and was treated like a princess by everyone. The other kids were thrilled that she was English!

Even though it was a really small local Maternelle, they handled having a foreign child as if it was a normal occurance and 'nothing to worry about'.

Anonymous said...

ce que je cherchais, merci