Tuesday 29 January 2008

Flat pack - send it straight back!

It had looked so colourful in the catalogue, just what my son needed to keep his books in order. On wheels too, what fun. Not so much fun now that it is all in pieces in front of me with accompanying bags of screws.

The instructions had 2 people holding hands with a clock underneath saying 45 minutes. 2 people who are magicians maybe. 2 people consisting of a 42yr old and a 3.5 yr old, I think not. Actually, Théo put the wheels together whilst I was working with pieces 1 and 2 and the bags of screws A and B.

3 glasses of Bordeaux and 2 silkcut later I was sorely tempted to throw the whole lot in the nearest pubelle. Théo, who by now had given up to and was watching me from the sofa with Ollie (our Weimaraner), said that I should have bought one "already made, Mummy." Out of the mouth of babes and all that. Next time that is exactly what I am going to do!

Flat pack - send it straight back.

No comments: